One of the most universally loved Cajun recipes, Pork Jambalaya is a tasty, easy-to-cook rice dish that can feed a family for cheap. Best of all, you only need one pot to cook it! Using common Cajun ingredients like seasoned pork, smoked sausage and the holy trinity (bell peppers, onions and celery), it’s no wonder why this dish has become synonymous with Cajun culture.
Cajun Pork Jambalaya Ingredients:
1 lb. cubed pork
1 cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped green bell pepper
½ cup chopped celery
¼ cup chopped green onions
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon Best Stop Cajun seasoning
2 bay leaves
2 tablespoons minced parsley
1 tablespoon dark roux
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3½ cup beef broth
½ cup water
2 cups rice
Hot sauce to taste
- Season your pork with Best Stop Cajun seasoning blend
- Heat oil in a large saucepot, then add the pork and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Afterward, add smoked sausage and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, onions, celery and bell peppers, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in roux and water, cover pot and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice, beef broth, bay leaves and hot sauce, and cook for 1 minute.
- Bring everything to a boil, cover the pot, and cook for 30 minutes over low heat, stirring every 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in green onions and parsley and serve.
Shop our online store for all the Cajun specialty meats, seafood and sauces you need to make dinnertime, the BEST time